Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Mama Preschool

Our favorite preschool teacher retired after Patrick's 4 year old class.

We try not to read too much into that.

Since we couldn't have our beloved Mrs. Heinicke, we decided to "home" preschool Samantha.

So far we haven't been overly structured although a friend has lent me an entire preschool curriculum which we'll start in September.

A mere two weeks into her laissez faire mama tutelage, Samantha can almost write her name (which is quite a feat when your name is eight letters long), is an accomplished Crayola artist, and enjoys story time. We're also currently practicing a "Days of the Week" song. She's almost got that down save for the occasional miss on "Thursday".

I'm enjoying my own foray back to childhood as well. Last week we constructed paper bag puppets and decorated them with yarn and crayons.



I am not ashamed to say that I am particularly proud of my rendition of the "Samantha" puppet.



Hey, some people build billion dollar skyscrapers, some people design runway apparel..


I make a mean paper bag puppet.




As I was snapping pictures, I asked Samantha what she was doing here with her "Mommy" puppet:



She responded, "I'm gluing your mouth shut."

2 comments:

Meghan said...

You're a good mama! Can I enroll Ryan now before the waiting list gets too long?

Mark, Aidan and I all got a good laugh out of Samantha's interaction with her mommy puppet.

( :

Semi-Organized Mom said...

That's great! It looks like home-preschool is going well! I have a few thing you could possibly use if you decide to take this any further! :)