Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Simplicity 4076

By the time Made by Rae's Spring Top Week is over, I'm going to need a second closet.




And more fabric.




And a housekeeper.

Because I've been sewing. And not cleaning.

And it is evident.

Anyway..

As the post title may suggest, this is from Simplicity 4076, view B. I usually fit a 14 in Simplicity, but I started with a 12 since my fabric was very lightweight and stretchy. I made a muslin with a similar weight knit and found the 12 to be a tad short and tight in the tummy for my liking.




However, the 12 was just right in the chest, arms, and shoulder. So I redrew the pattern with about an inch width and length.

Just right!

2 comments:

Meghan said...

My birthday's in June. Just a reminder. In case you wanted to make me a super cute flattering top like this one. I'm just sayin'.

Andrea @ TheTrainToCrazy.com said...

Great tops! They fit so well!

I have a weekly Thursday blog party especially for people to share things they've made to be worn. Stop by if you'd like!