Friday, May 7, 2010

I am a fabulous copy cat

Oh Yes I am!

Remember the "I will have it. I must have it." Dress?

This one...



Originally found at ModCloth.

Well, I knocked it off, baybeee. And successfully solved the fit issues I feared I'd encounter if I purchased ModCloth's ready-to-wear.




I used the knit top portion of Simplicity 2603 and the bottom half of a pattern found in Ottobre Women 5/2009. I had to figure out the waist, neckline, and pocket detailing myself, but it wasn't too difficult.

I am really happy with the results and encouraged by my success.



I believe this is only the beginning of my illustrious career in dress forgery (for personal use only, of course!).

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Wow! That is fantastic! It looks great on you.

~ Kim ~ said...

I found you from Oliver + S. Great dress. You've done a fab job. I would buy it if it was at t he stores.

Ingrid said...

That's one terrific knock-off!! Don't you love getting the same look for so much less? (and in my case justifying more fabric purchases as I've just saved myself some money? ;))

Anonymous said...

It looks absolutely fantastic!!! Well done!
Steffi