Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I know you're over the Fourth of July, America..

but I am behind on my blogging and I don't want to skip past this project!

Samantha and I could not agree on a fabric for her4th of July dress, so we compromised and bought both the red, white, and blue batiks show below AND the Hello Kitty novelty fabric (for a shirt completed but yet to be photographed).



This is from the Izzy & Ivy pattern, "Macy Giggles". It's a simple pattern that any somewhat experienced seamstress could handle with ease, but the instructions are terrible. If I were a novice, I would have wadded the entire pattern and lit it on fire. Sorry Izzy & Ivy, I hate to give an indie pattern company a bad rap.. but really poor execution in the instructions department. That said, having a good idea about how the pieces should fit together, it's an adorable dress that came together quickly.

The pattern also called for little (or no?) top stitching, so I top stitched where it seemed logical. The fit and sizing are terrific as well. Super cute detail in the the over sized covered buttons.




A+ for sweetness factor!




Here is another version of this dress in a size 3. I'm in love with these fabrics!



Here's a better view of the covered buttons on the back.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Super cute! Too bad the pattern is bad cause the dress is sure cute.